Thursday, October 31, 2013

How to Fall in Love with Cooking

I hear so many people (mostly moms) talk about how they wish they just enjoyed cooking more.   I get it- it is the end of the day, we are tired, we can hardly form a sentence.  The last thing you feel like you have energy for is a beautiful dinner.   And let's be honest, that's why most of us turn to something unhealthy in that moment.  Because unhealthy = quick and easy. When I am exhausted my first thought is, "Yum, Mexican food."

 So here are a few of my suggestions, must haves, tips, whatever you want to call them, for falling in love with cooking.  I will post one new suggestion in each blog over the next couple of weeks.  Also, stay tuned for my go-to favorite recipes.

 -Set the Atmosphere-

 You will never, and I mean never, walk into my home at dinnertime and find me cooking without French music playing.  About 50% of the time, I will have a glass of wine poured that I sip on as I prepare my dishes.  I have so many friends who don’t like to cook.  Part of my goal is to help you!   The first way to become a good cook is to figure out the best ways to ENJOY cooking!   I believe the key “ingredient” to that, is creating a beautiful and peaceful atmosphere in which to do your cooking.  I can genuinely say that I look forward to cooking 99.9% of the time, ok maybe 99.8% of the time.   It is rejuvenating, peaceful, creative, enjoyable, and fabulous thinking time.  And when I present whatever amazing dish I have created, I feel so proud, so fulfilled, and so excited to eat!  If you are a friend of mine, you will often hear me shamelessly compliment my own dishes!  You know what?  If you are a great cook, you know you are!  And there is no reason why you shouldn’t enjoy every bite as much as the person that you have prepared the food for is enjoying it!  I will sometimes be so excited about what I have cooked, that Luke laughs and tells me I am embarrassing him and to get a hold of myself!!  He is just kidding though, he loves that I can cook, and he fully delights in the rewards of it!

 In the next several blogs, I will share my tips on beginning the journey down the delightful road of enjoying/learning to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment