Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Full Day of Christmas Music and More!

Today has felt like one of those non-stop days.  Wait, does every day feel like that?  I have had my usual lists of calls and "to do's"  that I am trying to get through.  Taking care of my two sweet kiddos, preparing dinner, teaching piano, and trying to get out the door with Luke by 7pm to attend a live video streaming of Brandon Heath- an artist who Luke is playing with tonight for a Christmas Show.

It's a busy day, and my multi-tasking skills are in full steam.  I had a friend and her baby over this morning for a play date.  While visiting with her, I prepared our dinner- Vegetarian Chili.  I have to admit, I was one of those people who did not like the thought of veggie chili.  What is the point, right?  Chili has meat.  So, if you don't want the meat, than just don't make chili.  Eat a carrot.  Until I came across this recipe!  It uses tons of veggies, of course, and then you finish it off with grating a large head of cauliflower into the chili.  The cauliflower acts as the meat, and you truly can't tell the meat is not there!  It totally amazed me, and is now one of my families' favorites.

So-while we I visited with my friend, I prepared the veggie chili, fed lunch to the kids, and cleaned up. Now, I am working on my phone calls and my lists, cleaning up behind my children, and am getting ready to leave in a few minutes to go and teach piano lessons.  It is just one of those days!  I will get home, feed the kids dinner, take that shower I so desperately long for, yet haven't had time for today (don't judge me, I am doing the best I can) and then I head off to the Christmas show.

Just thinking about everything already makes me excited for bed!

This is a typical day for us here in Music City.  We juggle a lot of things at once, work in rehearsals and recordings, play in shows, keep our family happy, and then somehow find the time to sleep.

Tune in for the live stream Christmas show tonight at Brandon Heath's house.  You will enjoy it!!!  It starts at 9pm Central.  Just click on the link below and it will take you to the live stream that begins at 9pm.

http://brandonheath.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment